The Avengers team suffered significant losses after the epic confrontation with Thanos, but some of her superheroes have not yet ended in the Marvel Cinema Universe (which will undergo some changes since the fourth phase).
It’s also the case of Doctor Strange, whose adventures on the big screen offered an update at Comic-Con San Diego, even the one who will return to the directorial sequel, movie star Scott Derrickson.
Announced as Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, the sequel will also mark a premiere in UCM. According to Derrickson’s statement, taken over by dreadcentral.com, it will be the first horror in the company’s movie series.
The movie, which has grown horror productions such as The Exorcism of Emily Rose, Sinister and Sinister 2, previously told ign.com that he also has a villain for the new Doctor Strange movie. Thus, the character of Benedict Cumberbatch could meet in the Multiverse of Madness even with his first Nightmare comic strip player. Described as “the evil master of the realm of dreams, who is pleased to torture people with tormented minds,” Nightmare deserves his own horror film, Derrickson thinks.
It seems, however, that the horror element will not prevail in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, as President Marvel, Kevin Feige, said in San Diego that the film would be classified as PG-13 (not recommended for those under 13).
“It’s absolutely vital to keep the humor of the first film, but with this turn to horror,” Cumberbatch said.
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness will also feature Elizabeth Olsen, who will be releasing Scarlet Witch’s score. The movie will be released on May 7, 2021.